Virginia hit-while-parked car accident lawyers
Nobody expects another vehicle to crash into them while sitting in a parked car. These are often dangerous accidents because the other driver may be speeding or intoxicated, and the victim may not be wearing a seatbelt when the crash occurs.
If you were harmed in a hit-while-parked collision, you may be suffering from serious injuries that require costly medical treatment. You will also be facing additional expenses caused by the accident, such as lost wages, occupational therapy, medical devices, and reduced earning potential.
It’s only fair that the person who harmed you should have to pay for it. At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we’ll file a claim or a lawsuit to help you get the money you deserve. Our firm has an impressive track record in winning settlements and verdicts for our clients.
When you put your trust in GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, you don’t pay anything unless we win. We call it our Zero Fee Guarantee.
Call us at (804) 413-6777 or toll-free at (855) 781-6777 to schedule a free consultation today.
A lot of our clients pursue an active outdoor lifestyle. We do everything we can to help you recover so you can get back out and enjoy the Gloucester Point Beach Park, Woodville Park, Beaverdam Park, Brown Park, Machicomoco State Park, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia Beach, Roanoke Valley, and all the other natural wonders Virginia has to offer.
Hit-while-parked accidents are terrifying, and you never know what type of condition the other driver will be in. It’s important to take the right steps to protect your health and safety. This includes:
- Call 911. The police will want to speak with the other driver right away, and they may decide to administer a sobriety test.
- Seek medical attention. Even if your injuries don’t seem serious at first, they can get worse over time, especially whiplash and concussions. Make sure to follow your doctor’s initial treatment instructions and continue to attend all follow-up appointments so there won’t be any gaps in your treatment.
- Take photos. If you feel up to it, use your cell phone camera to snap photos of the accident scene, the position of the vehicle, vehicle damage, and skid marks.
- Don’t talk about it. Don’t discuss details of the accident with friends, and avoid mentioning it on social media.
- Meet with a car accident attorney right away. We will advise you about the best strategy moving forward.
- Don’t speak with the other driver’s insurance company until you’ve had a chance to meet with a personal injury lawyer. Insurance adjusters may try to get you to say things that could harm your settlement. In fact, you really don’t want to talk to an insurance adjuster unless your attorney is present.
If you were the victim of a hit-while-parked collision, it’s important to determine the details about how the crash occurred. When it comes to personal injury cases, the Commonwealth of Virginia has contributory negligence laws that prevent the injured party from collecting a settlement if you were even one percent responsible for the accident.
To win your case, your Virginia car accident attorney will have to explain why the defendant is completely responsible for the accident. Negligent driver behaviors that are grounds for liability in a hit-while-parked case include:
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe maneuvers
- Violating traffic laws
- Veering suddenly
A hit-while-parked accident may occur when the car is parked on the side of the road, in a driveway, in a parking lot, inside a parking garage, or somewhere like the side of a lake where the parking rules may not be clearly defined.
The experienced trial lawyers at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys will examine the accident scene and build a case based on Virginia law. Then, we’ll file a claim against all parties who are responsible for your injuries. This may include:
- Careless drivers
- Businesses that employ drivers with unsafe records
- Owners of parking lots where rules are not clearly marked and posted
- Contractors and public officials responsible for road safety
- Owners of parking garages with poor lighting and other unsafe features
Hit-while-parked accidents are usually rear-end collisions or sideswipes impacting passengers who are totally unprepared. Passengers may be entering or exiting the vehicle when the crash occurs, which increases their vulnerability. Injuries that frequently result from hit-while-parked accidents include:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Nerve damage
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of limb
- Neck and back injuries
- Severe burns
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Wrongful death
At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we’ve dedicated our legal practice to helping people get the resources they need to get better after an accident. This isn’t just a job for us. We consider our work to be our calling.
At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we treat all clients with respect and compassion. One of our mottoes is “big city experience, small town care.” Both of our partners, John Singleton and Ken Gibson, have been injured in senseless accidents, so we treat all clients with empathy and excellence.
Call us at (804) 413-6777 or toll-free at (855) 781-6777 to learn more today.
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.