Ken Gibson is passionate about helping clients get through tough times and fighting for them inside and outside the courtroom. An experienced trial attorney, Ken earned a commendation from the director of the FBI for his work in prosecuting violent criminals. He is a former Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Norfolk and Federal Prosecutor at the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. He has the legal experience to get the best possible results for you.
A graduate of the University of Virginia and the University of South Carolina Law School, Ken gives clients outstanding representation every step of the way. Like his partner John, Ken served as a U.S. Marine, driving an M1A1 tank.
Ken also knows what it’s like to be an injury victim. In his early 20s, Ken’s car was hit by a drunk driver, and he spent several months in physical therapy. He experienced the frustration many clients face—dealing with insurance companies that pressure them to settle without a lawyer.
Ken and his partner, John Singleton, formed their law firm with the sole mission of helping injured people achieve justice. Ken and John are committed to helping their community become safer through public education. They have shared information and participated in events promoting senior safety, child safety, and warning about the dangers of drunk driving and distracted driving.
Today, Ken serves his community through the Gloucester Point Rotary Club, the Gloucester Community Foundation, the Edge Hill House Foundation, and the Middle Peninsula Bar Association. He also coaches his son’s basketball team through Gloucester County Parks and Recreation. Ken is the former president of the Gloucester Point Rotary Club and was named “Rotarian of the Year” in 2015.
To hone his trial skills, Ken is an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association of Justice.
He enjoys attending UVA football and basketball games, saltwater fishing, reading military history, and traveling. Ken plays the drums for The Ballast Band, a four-man rock group that produced the album “Constellation” in 2014. Ken says, “If the law doesn’t work out, I’m planning on our band writing a ‘one hit wonder” that leads to a world concert tour.” He lives with his wife Beth and twins in Gloucester, Virginia.
Call Ken Gibson at (804) 413-6777 today to discuss your case.
- Certificate of commendation from FBI Director Robert S. Mueller, III
- Special Achievement Awards for Outstanding Performance, U.S. Department of Justice, 2004-2009
- Attorney based in Gloucester, VA 2009 to present
- Deputy Chief, Special Litigation and Criminal Sections, Civil Rights Division, United States Department of Justice, Washington, DC, 2004-2009
- Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, Norfolk Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office, Norfolk, Virginia, 1998-2004
- Staff Attorney, Legislative Services, Virginia General Assembly, Richmond, Virginia, 1995-1997
- Associate, Law Offices of Douglas P. McGee, Richmond, Virginia, 1994-1995
- United States Marine Corps Reserves, 1991-1995
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1994
- Member, South Carolina Law Review, Order of the Wig and Robe
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts, Foreign Affairs, 1990
- Men’s Junior Varsity Basketball Team, Men’s Crew Team
More About Ken
- Hear about one of Ken’s most difficult murder trials – and how it can help you today
- Ken’s big Los Angeles case – and what it means to you
- Why Ken switched from criminal prosecution to personal injury law – and how you can benefit
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.