King and Queen County car accident lawyers
King and Queen is a relatively small county, with just about 7,000 residents. Still, it has its share of motor vehicle accidents. As of September 2018, approximately 106 crashes had occurred in King and Queen, this year alone. Last year, there were 158—the most we’ve seen in several years.
Virginia drivers, remember that accidents can happen anywhere, anytime, even in small counties.
The Richmond-Tappahannock Highway sees most of these collisions, especially where it intersects with Newton Road. Shacklefords Fork is another danger zone. Quite a few accidents occur as you head into West Point along Lewis B. Puller Memorial Highway. Just try not to end up in the Mattaponi River! The Trail is also a heavily traveled road in King and Queen, with heavy logging truck traffic headed toward the paper mill in West Point.
We at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, as a community-based law firm, are always trying to prevent accidents. In fact, we wouldn’t mind putting ourselves out of business, if it meant nobody else got hurt here.
But if you have been injured in a car accident in King and Queen County, and that accident was due to someone else’s poor choices, you should receive money for your losses. To find out more, call us for a free consultation. Our office is in Gloucester, and we live and work on the Middle Peninsula. We know it well – its insurance adjusters and roads alike.
After an accident, you may not need lawyer. But maybe you do. Talk to us first, and we’ll point you in the right direction.
We’re sad to say that in this day and age, most car crashes are caused by the reckless behavior of drivers. The following are the common causes of traffic accidents that we see in this part of Virginia:
- Distracted driving: This includes a driver talking to a passenger, looking at a cell phone, adjusting the radio, etc. Mobile devices and other car technology are creating a boom in distracted driving-related wrecks in Virginia and throughout the United States! Our shorthand for this sad trend is: “Texts=Wrecks.”
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription medications that impair judgment is always a bad choice.
- Speeding: Driving too fast reduces driver reaction time, and the time it takes to stop or take evasive maneuvers.
- Driving too fast for conditions: Not to be confused with speeding, driving too fast in bad weather or rural roads like we have in King and Queen can affect a driver’s ability to control a vehicle. Drivers who are unfamiliar with a road or who are driving in poor conditions should always slow down.
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals: Ignoring a stop sign or a yellow light can have serious consequences.
- Tailgating: Following another vehicle too closely really limits the time and distance a driver has to stop or take evasive measures.
- Faulty vehicles or vehicle parts: Poorly designed or manufactured vehicle parts, such as tires or brakes, can cause accidents.
- Roadway conditions: Things like potholes, loose gravel, and debris on a road’s surface can contribute to accidents. These issues are at times a problem in King and Queen.
In addition to your vehicle repairs, you may be eligible for compensation for personal costs, such as the following:
- Current and future medical bills resulting from your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury or disability
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Household and vehicle modifications to accommodate your injuries
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
If you lost a loved one in a King and Queen County accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit to cover additional costs, such as the loss of companionship you suffered and the loss of your loved one’s future income.
We recommend downloading our "What should I do if I’m in a car accident?" card to keep in your vehicle to remind you what to do if you’re ever in a wreck. And, if you have questions, we’re only a phone call away.
As an injury victim, your first priority is to get better. This may take time and effort. With a skilled King and Queen accident attorney on the job, you can concentrate on your recovery while we handle all your legal issues.
Our team at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys has helped hundreds of personal injury victims in Eastern Virginia get the money they need to move on with their lives. Hiring us costs you nothing upfront, because we work on a contingency basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless we get compensation for you. To talk to your helpful neighborhood lawyer after a car or motorcycle crash in King and Queen County - give us a call at (804) 413-6777.
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.