Gloucester County motorcycle accident attorneys
Virginia’s Middle Peninsula region is home to Gloucester County, which is nestled between the York River and Mobjack Bay. Like most of Virginia, our coastal county is full of beautiful scenery that makes it great cruising territory for motorcyclists. But our picturesque riding area comes with its own unique dangers. Because Gloucester County is heavily wooded and has miles of heavily-traveled, twisting roads, and blind intersections, it can be hazardous for motorcyclists.
Because motorcycle riders don’t have the protection that other vehicle drivers have, even a minor accident can result in serious, life-altering injuries, or death.
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash in Gloucester, we at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys are deeply sorry for your loss. Whether you’re our neighbor or a guest here, we believe that even one injury is one too many.
We try to prevent accidents from happening here – after all, Gloucester is where we live, raise our families, and work. But when an accident does happen, we’re here to help. To find out about your legal rights and options as a motorcycle rider in Virginia, contact our Gloucester County vehicle accident lawyers at (804) 413-6777 for a free case evaluation. If we handle your claim, we only get paid if we win you the money you deserve.
It doesn’t matter how safe of a rider you are - another driver’s negligence can ruin your ride and put you in the hospital. The following are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents that we see in Gloucester County:
- Drivers don’t see motorcycles: Because motorcycles are much smaller than cars and trucks, a lot of drivers don’t see them or misjudge their distance and speed.
- Drivers make left turns in front of oncoming motorcycles: This type of accident goes along with motorcycles not being seen, or their distance and speed being misjudged.
- Drivers change lanes without doing a head check: Because motorcycles are smaller, it’s easy for them to get lost in a driver’s blind spot. A simple head check before changing lanes could avoid these accidents.
- Dooring: When occupants of parked vehicles open their doors in the path of a motorcyclist, it can result in serious injuries to both parties. Checking before opening doors is important for both drivers and passengers of parked vehicles.
- Drivers follow motorcycles too closely: What would be a "fender bender" for two cars can result in severe injuries to a motorcyclist.
- Distracted driving: Motorcycles are already at a disadvantage because of their smaller size. When drivers look at their cellphones, adjust their radios, or look for street signs, etc., riders are put in even greater danger.
- Poorly maintained roadways: Potholes, debris, oil slicks, loose gravel, crumbling pavement, etc., can lead to a rider losing control of his or her bike.
If your motorcycle accident was caused by another driver, or the entity charged with maintaining safe roads, you can seek compensation for your losses, including your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, permanent injuries, and more.
But getting fair compensation in a civil lawsuit can be complicated. Insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible to protect their profit margins. An experienced Gloucester motorcycle accident attorney knows how to deal with local adjusters, big insurance companies, and their lawyers, to get you the money you need to recover. When you’re hurt in our hometown, we want to help.
Our legal team at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys has dealt with big insurance companies for many years. In fact, one of our partners is a former insurance defense lawyer. Our other partner is a former prosecutor. So we know how to get our clients the compensation they deserve. Call us today for a free consultation at (804) 413-6777.
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.