Virginia motorcycle defect attorneys
Most motorcycle riders in Virginia know how to drive defensively and avoid accidents. But even the safest rider isn’t prepared for a bike that suddenly stops working properly.
If your brakes stop working, your engine seizes up on the highway, or one of your tires comes apart, you could suffer catastrophic injuries.
At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we understand motorcycle riders, and we know how bikes work. If you were harmed by some type of mechanical defect, we’ll pinpoint the problem and figure out what happened.
Our Virginia motorcycle accident lawyers will file a claim to help you get the money you need to cover your medical bills and other expenses, such as time missed from work. GibsonSingleton will advocate effectively for you with insurance companies, taking your case to trial if necessary, to get you full compensation.
Call (804) 413-6777 to learn more today. With our Zero Fee Guarantee, you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
Three main types of defects cause unsafe motorcycles:
- Design flaws, such as a frame that creates friction, wearing out your back tire
- Manufacturing flaws, such as loose bolts or shoddy soldering
- Distribution flaws, which include damage that occurs in the showroom, as part of an aftermarket dealer’s addition, or while the bike is being transported
When your bike is running as it should, you know how to handle it. But defects can cause a motorcycle to go haywire for no apparent reason.
Several systems are essential for a motorcycle to operate safely, including suspension, braking, and fuel injection. If one of these breaks down while you’re on the road, the consequences can be deadly.
The following types of defects can lead to catastrophic injuries:
- Brakes are key safety features on any vehicle. When they fail to work, you have few options, especially if you’re entering an intersection or need to slow down right away.
- Axel, frame, and overall design defects can cause your bike to break down, stop running, pull to one side, or simply fall apart.
- Fuel systems failure and gas tank leaks may cause your bike to lose acceleration and could even lead to an explosion.
- Handlebars that don’t work right can make steering difficult or impossible, cause the bike to wobble, or make it impossible to avoid a crash.
- Tire defects cause blowouts, skidding, swerving, or loss of control, leaving you at the mercy of events.
- Engine failure causes a bike to stall or stop suddenly in traffic. When this happens, you could be thrown from your bike or struck from behind.
If you were in a crash caused by a motorcycle defect in Virginia, you could need extensive medical treatment. This could include surgery followed by a long recuperation.
A Virginia personal injury claim for injuries caused by motorcycle defects can include the following types of damages:
- Medical bills
- Loss of limb
- Loss of income
- Wheelchair ramps for your home
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Wrongful death
Motorcycle riders are completely vulnerable to harm caused by defective parts. Injuries that our clients have suffered include:
- Bone fractures
- Internal bleeding
- Road rash
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Severe burns
- Skull fractures
Legal actions based on motorcycle defects can be complex. Our firm works with engineers to determine the precise cause of your accident. Then we’ll file a claim against anyone whose negligent behavior contributed to your injuries. This may include:
- Designers of defective parts
- Other motorists who contributed to the accident
At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorney, we consider it a calling to help people who have been harmed by the careless actions of others. And we know what you’re going through because we’ve been there ourselves. We will always treat you with empathy and handle your case with excellence.
If we take your case, we only get paid if we recover money for you. It’s our zero fee guarantee. Call our Virginia motorcycle defect attorneys at (804) 413-6777 for a free consultation.
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.