Williamsburg personal injury lawyers
Attorneys John Singleton and Ken Gibson are former U.S. Marines who help people get back on track after an accident. John has worked in the insurance field, and this gives him a solid understanding of how the industry operates and what tricks they may try. Ken is a former Federal Prosecutor at the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., and a former State Prosecutor in Norfolk, Virginia.
If you or a loved one has been harmed by somebody’s careless behavior, give us a call today at (804) 413-6777. We’ll be happy to schedule a FREE consultation with you to discuss all of your options. And you won’t have to pay us anything unless we win your case.
Williamsburg, Virginia, is a beautiful community with lots of fun things to do. With more than 15,000 residents, this scenic community is a great place to raise a family.
Williamsburg was Capitol of the Virginia Colony from 1705 to 1799, and history really comes alive here. In fact, Colonial Williamsburg is the world’s largest living history museum where trained actors recreate America’s early days.
If you enjoy art and architecture, you won’t be disappointed in Williamsburg. The town has striking historical buildings, including the Governor’s Palace, the George Wythe House, and the Bruton Parish Episcopal Church. Founded in 1715, this is where Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Patrick Henry all worshipped. And the church bell is the same one that rang out at the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
Visiting the DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Gallery and Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Art Museum are “musts” for art lovers. And you’ll never get bored in Williamsburg because of so many fun things to do. Your family can enjoy a world-class theme park at Busch Gardens, or cool off at Water Country.
Tons of fun outdoor activities are in Williamsburg, including lots of great hiking and biking trails. If you’re looking for a world class golf-course, the Golden Horseshoe offers 45 holes.
An accident that seriously harms you or a loved one can turn your world upside down. It’s important to have compassionate people who work with the highest level of excellence on your side. The insurance agent may act like your friend, but their job is to pay out as little in claims as they can get away with.
Anything you say to an insurance company agent may be used to hurt your claim. And they’re not going to offer a fair claim to someone who isn’t represented by an experienced personal injury attorney.
At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we know how to deal with stingy insurance companies, and we’ve seen all their tricks. Our team will investigate your accident to find out whose negligence caused your injuries. Then we’ll calculate the true cost of your injuries, so we can file an accurate claim with their insurance company.
Your claim will cover the following types of expenses, including the long-term consequences of an accident:
- Emergency room treatment
- Ambulance costs
- Doctor’s office visits
- Reconstructive treatment
- Time missed from work
- Lost earning potential
- In-home care
- Physical therapy
- Home modifications
At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we’ve handled several types of accidents. And we’re always ready to help if you need help with your accident claim. Some of our more frequent cases include:
- Car accidents are a leading cause of death and injury. More than 65,000 people were injured in car crashes in the United States in a recent year. Careless driver behavior including speeding, driving under the influence, tailgating, and reckless driving often lead to serious injuries. Whiplash, spinal cord injuries, loss of limb, bone fractures, internal injuries, and wrongful death are some of the consequences of auto accidents.
- Truck accidents. A fully loaded big rig truck weighs up to 80,000 pounds. The stopping distance for a truck is much longer than a car, and when a truck collides with a passenger vehicle, the injuries can be devastating. Many truck companies will try to save money by neglecting regular maintenance, overworking their employees, or hiring unqualified drivers. This can have tragic consequences for accident victims.
- Dog bites. More than 800,000 people seek medical assistance for dog bites every year. It often requires extensive treatment to care for a dog bite and remove scarring. Sadly, children are the most likely demographic to be attacked by a dog. Virginia has complicated dog bite laws, but dog owners have an obligation to protect others from vicious dogs, and they must obey local leash laws.
- Motorcycle accidents often result in catastrophic injuries, even when riders are being cautious and obeying the law. Many drivers simply fail to look out for motorcycles, especially at intersections or when they’re merging or changing lanes. Victims of motorcycle accidents often require a great deal of medical care to resume their normal lives; and in some cases, they never completely recover.
- Boating accidents. Boat owners and operators are responsible for protecting the safety of their passengers. That means always having the right safety equipment and providing enough life jackets for everyone on board. Only qualified people should pilot a boat, and nobody who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol should ever attempt it.
If you were harmed by another person’s reckless behavior, you shouldn’t have to pay for your own medical costs and other expenses. At GibsonSingleton Virginian Injury Attorneys, we consider it a calling to help you get the money you need to make things right.
We treat everyone with compassion, and our team will be by your side until your case is resolved. Call (804) 413-6777 to learn more today. It’s free to meet with us, and you will learn about all of your options.
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.