Newport News personal injury attorneys
Do you live or drive often in Newport News, Virginia? Have you visited Newport News recently? If you were hurt by the careless actions of another person there, you shouldn’t have to pay your own medical bills. People have an obligation to use reasonable care when it comes to avoiding negligent behavior that could harm others.
In Newport News and throughout Virginia, you have the right to file a lawsuit to get compensation when somebody hurts you or your loved one. Motor vehicle accidents, dog bites, medical malpractice injuries, slip and fall accidents, and boating accidents are some of the common types of personal injury cases filed by people in Newport News, Virginia.
At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we know from personal experience that accidents are painful, and how long the road to recovery can be. That’s why we provide compassionate, outstanding legal help to accident victims. As former U.S. Marines, Ken Gibson and John Singleton also know how to make a smart plan and execute it for your benefit.
Call (804) 413-6777 to learn more today. We are local, and we treat every client like the neighbor you are. We’ll tell you your best options, if we can help, and about our no-fee guarantee.
Newport News, Virginia, is a wonderful place to live and raise your kids. It’s an affordable community where you can enjoy beautiful weather, family-friendly neighborhoods, and good jobs. Many locals boast that Newport News offers the best local shopping and dining in the Hampton Roads area at City Center at Oyster Point and other locations nearby.
You won’t run out of fun things to do in Newport News either. Enjoyable outdoor activities include boating, cycling, and hiking at Noland Trail or Newport News Park. Or for history lovers, you can check out the Mariners’ Museum with more than 35,000 artifacts, the U.S. Army Transportation Museum, or the USS Monitor Center.
If you like impressive architecture, visit the Victory Arch, dedicated to fallen soldiers from World War I. Also, the Fort Monroe National Monument, the Nelson House, and Windsor Castle Park are all just a short drive away.
Newport News is home to award-winning public and private schools. Many people in Newport News work in exciting industries such as shipbuilding and aerospace. We also have a large number of active and retired military personnel who greatly strengthen the fabric of our community.
People in Newport News spend a lot of time on the road. The average daily one-way commute is 23 minutes, and almost 80 percent of commuters drive their own car to work. This makes people vulnerable to accidents caused by negligent drivers. Motor vehicle accidents are among the accidents we see the most often, such as:
- Car accidents can happen any time you are driving, disrupting your life in an instant. Speeding, driving under the influence, tailgating, and street racing are careless driver actions that can cause severe injuries to you and your passengers.
- Truck accidents can be devastating for people traveling in passenger vehicles because trucks weigh about 25 times more than a car, and they take much longer to stop. Trucks have blind spots on all four sides, and truck drivers often make dangerous lane changes. Avoid trucks on the highway, and try not to pass them on the right side if you can avoid it.
- Motorcycle accidents can have catastrophic consequences for riders and their passengers. Auto drivers often fail to look out for motorcycles, especially when making a left turn. Motorcycle accident injuries such as biker’s arm, road rash, and spinal cord injuries may require extensive treatment followed by a long period of rehabilitation.
We also help people hurt by pedestrian accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, and medical malpractice in Newport News.
- Pedestrian accidents can be disastrous because people have no protection from drivers who fail to take the necessary precautions when entering an intersection.
- Dog bites may cause serious injury and trauma, especially for children. Make sure the victim receives immediate medical attention, and save all your receipts for the medical care received.
- Slip and falls – People are injured every day while simply walking. Slipping on a bit of ice or a wet tile may seem minor, but some falls can lead to serious injuries and steep medical bills. If are injured in a fall because someone else wasn’t careful, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Medical malpractice – Medical error is one of the leading causes of death and injury in the United States. Almost $4 billion was paid out for medical malpractice claims in 2015 alone. Medical malpractice is negligent or wrongful conduct, occurring when a doctor, surgeon, or other healthcare provider fails to perform his or her duty to the patient within the accepted standard of care. If malpractice cases injury or death, a lawsuit may be filed to recover related costs.
Filing a personal injury claim is not something you want to do on your own. Insurance companies make their money by paying out as little as possible in claims, and they will probably offer you a lowball settlement that doesn’t even cover the cost of your injuries.
When it comes to dealing with the big insurance companies, it’s best to let your personal injury attorney do the talking. You attorney will investigate the accident and calculate the true cost of your injuries.
Your attorney will file a claim that may include the following types of expenses:
- Ambulance rides
- Emergency room visits
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Long-term care
If you were injured in any type of accident caused by another person’s negligence, GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys is here to help. Our legal team has years of experience. We’ll help you get compensation that allows you to put your life back together after an accident. Ken Gibson and John Singleton are former U.S. Marines who appreciate the unique challenges of others who have served or are serving today. We work to achieve the best possible results for you.
Call (804) 413-6777 today for a FREE meeting where we can discuss you best options. We don’t collect any money up front: we get paid when you get paid.
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.