Mathews County truck accident attorneys
Mathews County, with approximately 9,000 residents, may be one of Old Dominion’s smaller counties, but it is not free from traffic accidents - including those involving tractor-trailers (also known as semi-trucks, big-rigs, etc.).
Accidents involving tractor-trailers can be deadly for the occupants of passenger vehicles. A fully-loaded tractor-trailer can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, as opposed to the average automobile, which weighs about 4,000 pounds. Considering this weight difference, it’s easy to understand why collisions between tractor-trailers and passenger vehicles result in more serious injuries than collisions involving two passenger vehicles.
At GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we work hard to prevent as many injuries as we can through community outreach and education. But when one of our fellow Middle Peninsula residents gets hurt, we are ready to help.
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in an accident involving a tractor-trailer in Mathews County, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. But trucking companies and their powerful insurers aren’t going to hand you a check – in fact, they tend to fight these claims tooth and nail to protect their bottom line.
Luckily, we know exactly how they work, because John Singleton used to work for big insurance companies. Meanwhile, Ken Gibson honed his trial skills prosecuting cases in federal and state courts. As former U.S. Marines, our attorneys aren’t afraid to tackle trucking companies and take them all the way to court, if necessary, to get you the justice you deserve.
For a free case evaluation, call GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys at (804) 413-6777.
Depending on the cause of a tractor-trailer accident, several parties may be held responsible, including:
- The owner of the trucking company
- The driver
- The owner of the tractor (what pulls the trailer)
- The owner of the trailer
- The company leasing the tractor or trailer
- The owner of the freight being hauled
- The party that loaded the trailer
- The designer and manufacturer of the tractor or trailer
- The designer and manufacturer of a faulty part of the tractor or trailer, such as tires, brakes, etc.
- The party responsible for the maintenance and repair of the tractor or trailer
- The party responsible for maintaining the roadway where the accident took place, if that was a factor in causing the accident
Depending on the extent of your injuries and losses, you may be able to seek compensation for the following damages after a truck accident in Mathews:
- Present and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Mental trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and counseling
- Permanent injury or disability
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of a limb
- Household and vehicle modifications to accommodate your injury
- Lost wages
- Loss of career
- Loss of earning potential or reduced earning potential
- Costs of in-home care
- Loss of joy of life
- Wrongful death damages
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before death
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits, such as medical benefits, retirement, etc.
- Loss of companionship, love, affection, guidance, etc.
- Loss of household services the deceased provided, such as childcare, vehicle and property maintenance, etc.
Every truck wreck case is unique, and we recommend speaking to a local attorney about your situation to determine a full list of what you may need. Then, your attorney should know exactly what to ask for from the at-fault party, and be able to provide the evidence to prove it.
As we mentioned, people in passenger vehicles tend to get worse injuries in accidents with big rigs, which can end up costing tens of thousands to several million dollars. Trucking companies and their insurers usually want to pay as little as possible. They typically know nothing about Mathews County, and their first priority is not making sure you and your family recover. Ours is.
To get the compensation you deserve, you’ll need a Mathews County auto accident attorney who has stood up to large insurance companies before and will do it again on your behalf. Our legal team at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys is experienced, skilled, and dedicated to helping clients get back on their feet. Call (804) 413-6777 today, for a free consultation.
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.