Mathews County motorcycle accident attorneys
Were you injured while biking in Mathews? Call us for a free meeting
With its quaint inns and cottages, convenient campgrounds, and beautiful coastline, Mathews County is a great place to experience the Chesapeake Bay by motorcycle. Cruising down Route 14 and Route 198, along with the many scenic roads by the rivers in Mathews, is a joy for the motorcycle enthusiast. But as any rider knows, touring or just driving by motorbike can be dangerous. Because motorcycles don’t provide the protection that cars and trucks do, the injuries from even a minor motorcycle accident can be life-altering - or fatal.
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle collision that was caused by another person, you deserve compensation for your physical, financial, and emotional losses. But don’t expect the responsible party and their insurance company to just write you a check. You’re going to need an experienced, aggressive Mathews County accident attorney to get the full amount you deserve.
Our team at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys has helped numerous victims recover their losses, and we will put our experience and knowledge to work for you. John Singleton is a former insurance company defense attorney, who handled hundreds of these cases from the other side, while Ken Gibson was prosecuting just as many cases in federal and state courtrooms. As former U.S. Marines, John and Ken know how to work smarter – and harder - to get clients the money they deserve. As residents of Virginia’s Middle Peninsula, our team works with local adjusters and many others to get our clients a fair deal.
But when an at-fault driver or insurance company denies our client coverage, there’s no greater friend, or worse enemy, than GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys.
Call our Gloucester office at (804) 413-6777 for a free meeting. We only get paid if we get satisfactory compensation for you.
How are motorcyclists usually injured?
Most motorcycle riders are responsible, skilled, and safety-conscious. Unfortunately, that’s not enough to keep them from being injured in crashes. Here are common causes of Virginia motorcycle accidents that are not the fault of the rider:
- Drivers of other motor vehicles fail to see motorcycles: Because bikes are smaller, they are not as easily noticed by other drivers. This results in other drivers making left turns in front of oncoming motorcycles, or pulling out of driveways and parking lots in front of motorcycles.
- Motorcycles get lost in the blind spots of cars and trucks: Other drivers have a tendency to change lanes without doing a head check first. It’s easy for them not to see a motorcycle that’s next to them when they only use their mirrors.
- Other drivers misjudge the speed and distance of motorcycles: Once again, it comes down to size. Drivers who are used to larger vehicles incorrectly judge how far away a bike may be and how fast it is approaching.
- Other drivers follow motorcycles too closely: Bikes can stop more quickly than larger vehicles. Drivers of larger vehicles may not realize this and may follow bikes too closely, resulting in rear-end collisions.
- Distracted driving: Motorcycles are already more difficult to see. When another driver is distracted by looking at a phone or adjusting the radio, the likelihood increases that the driver will not see a motorcyclist.
- Impaired driving: Any chemical impairment of a driver increases the chances of him or her causing an accident.
- Hazardous road conditions: Potholes, debris, loose gravel, oil slicks, and more can cause a rider to lose control of his or her bike.
- Defective motorcycles or motorcycle parts: Bikes or bike parts that fail during operation can cause crashes and serious injuries.
Do I have to have an attorney after a Mathews motorcycle accident?
No. We do not advise a client to hire a lawyer to do things he could do himself, and Virginia law does not require anyone to have a lawyer when dealing with insurance companies after an accident.
However, if you suffered injuries in your motorcycle collision, we would strongly recommend speaking with a lawyer before signing away your rights in a flood of insurance paperwork.
When you call GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys, we will examine your case from all angles. We will tell you whether you need our help. If you don’t, we’ll point you in the right direction, still at no charge.
If we take your case, we’ll gather the evidence to prove you should receive the money we’re asking for. We work with medical reports and specialists, accident scene reconstruction experts, local law enforcement, and many others to present a strong claim to the at-fault person’s insurance company, or to your own, if it’s providing the coverage. We only get paid if we get you a settlement or jury verdict that covers your needs.
We know how a motorcycle wipeout and the resulting injuries can disrupt a person’s life and cause severe physical and financial distress. We want to help Mathews County auto accident victims recover their losses. After all, you’re our neighbors and our guests. Call us today for a free meeting at (804) 413-6777.
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
GibsonSingleton launches “Texts=Wrecks” campaign to reduce the number of people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.