Virginia Personal Injury Blog
Brandt Buchler, 2, came in this week with his mom, Shannon Pratt, to donate a coat he had outgrown. His gift was the 71st coat in our 2017 Fall Coat Drive! We always need children’s coats because kids grow so quickly that it’s hard for many parents to keep up. Thank you, Brandt and Shannon, for being so generous.
“We’re just going around the corner.” “We’ll be right back.” “We’re almost home.” These are just a few of the reasons people use for not buckling children into car seats—or buckling their own seat belts.
A Pennsylvania mother is thankful she didn’t make any of those excuses when she picked up her children—a 6-week-old and a 3-year-old—from preschool.
Our annual Fall Coat Drive starts now and goes through Dec. 22. We invite you to drop off new or used coats from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, at our office in Hayes, Virginia.
We are once again working with the Salvation Army, the Gloucester United for Emergency Shelter Team (GUEST), and the Hampton Veterans Administration Medical Center to distribute every single coat donated to people in need in our community.
With our busy schedules and hectic lives, we may have a tendency to want to push things aside and move on. Particularly after a minor car accident or fender-bender, we may think, “That was just a little jolt. I’ll be fine.”
But what we’re really thinking is, “I’ve already wasted 30 minutes assessing the damage and exchanging insurance information. I need to get to work, get to the gym, and get home…” And so on.
♪ Like a good neighbor, State Farm is out to make a lot of money! ♪
Doesn’t have much of a ring to it, does it? But unfortunately, it’s true about State Farm and many other insurance companies. While they may have benevolent slogans such as, “You’re in good hands with Allstate,” the reality is that these huge corporations are about maximizing their profits.
Wrong-way accidents are the most potentially deadly collisions that someone can be involved in. That’s because the force of impact created by two vehicles traveling in opposite directions is much greater than the impact created by a vehicle hitting a stationary object, or hitting another vehicle traveling in the same direction.
The lethal nature of wrong-way accidents was demonstrated in Mathews last year when a 24-year-old motorcyclist was killed in a head-on collision when he crossed the center line going around a curve, and collided with a Toyota Rav.
2017 has turned out to be one of the more active hurricane seasons on record. Hurricanes Harvey and Irma caused considerable damage and loss of life, and Hurricane Maria is intensifying as she heads north.
To survive a hurricane and minimize damage to your property, prepare before a storm makes landfall. Here are thirteen steps to take if you find out a hurricane is approaching:
As one of the original 13 colonies, Virginia has no shortage of historical sites and landmarks. And thanks to the invention of the Segway, visitors to our Commonwealth can tour places like Richmond and Yorktown more efficiently.
Virginia has thousands of miles of rugged woodland, most of it teeming with wildlife. This is one of the many reasons the Old Dominion is a favorite of sportsmen nationwide.
It’s also the reason that motorists in our Commonwealth have to remain intensely vigilant as they navigate Virginia’s roadways. This was illustrated by a semi-truck accident that occurred recently on I-64 in Goochland County.
Approximately 90 percent of Americans are regularly wearing their seat belts when driving or riding in a vehicle. That’s a definite majority, but it still leaves 10 percent of the population at risk for serious injury or death if they’re in an accident.
If we could just convince those “non-wearers” to routinely buckle up, we could save more than 20,000 American lives each year, according to the National Highway Safety Administration.
Share This Page:
It costs you nothing for our firm to represent you. We only get paid when you do. Learn more
Prevention, empathy, and diligence are hallmarks of everything we do at GibsonSingleton Virginia Injury Attorneys. Our community can see these ideals lived out in our work to prevent personal injuries from happening.
- Safety Education
John speaks at Gloucester’s Senior Safety Fair, reviewing key legal documents.
- Annual Coat Drive
During the fall, our team works to distribute coats to people in need in our community.
- Hands-on Service
John and Ken join the Gloucester Point Rotary Club in cleaning up the community.
- Supporting Local Schools
The Gibson family participates in Gloucester’s Botetourt Elementary Shuffle fundraiser.